Please read this agreement carefully, as it contains important information regarding your legal rights and remedies.
Effective date: 4 Sep 2019
Your Privacy Rights
Scope and Consent
The GetHost.co.zw website is a general audience website, and its related sites, applications, services, and tools are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group.
Collection of Personal Information
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If you register for an account with us, you give us your personal information, and you are not anonymous to us.
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of and access to our sites, applications, services, tools and to help us personalize and improve your experience:
Information we collect automatically: When you visit our sites, use our applications, services, and tools, or interact with our advertising or content, we automatically collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access devices. This information is associated with you personally only when signing in as a registered user, and includes but is not limited to:
- device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, IP address, and standard web log information,
Information you give us: We collect and store any information you enter on our sites or you provide to us in the context of using our sites, applications, services or tools. This may include, but is not limited to:
- information you provide us when registering for an account, including email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- addition information you may provide to us via social media sites or services
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- information provided in the context of community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, or correspondence sent to us
- additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list)
Mobile: When you download or use our Mobile Applications or access one of our mobile-optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your particular device.
Information from other sources: We may receive or collect supplemental information about you from third parties sources and add it to our account information. This may include, but is not limited to, demographic, navigation information, additional contact information, credit check information, and additional information about you from credit bureaus or other sources, as permitted by law.
Information Sharing and Registration with Social Media Websites
We offer sign-on services that allow you to use third-party login credentials to access the GetHost site or related sites. We also offer services that allow you to share information with third party social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and others.
Use of Personal Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with access to our sites and/or use of our services, applications, and tools, provide you with requested customer service and relevant information about your account and our services, and to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide you access to our sites and the services and customer support you request;
- prevent, detect, and investigate, fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content, and advertising;
- contact you, either via email or telephone, to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems with your account or our sites, services, applications or tools, or for other purposes authorized by law.
- contact you, either via email or telephone to inform you about our services and those of our corporate family, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- provide you other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content, and advertising.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communications preference from within your account. If you do not wish to participate in our ad-customization programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement.
Information You Share on GetHost
Your User ID is displayed throughout GetHost (and so available to the public) and is connected to all of your GetHost activity. Other people can see your bids, purchases, items for sale, your collections, the members and collections you follow, storefronts, Feedback, ratings, and associated comments. Other users can also see any information you chose to share in your profile. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites refer to User IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your GetHost activities.
If you access our websites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity or reminders from GetHost, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your GetHost password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify GetHost and change your password.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted by law.